♺ We are proud to be the most environmentally friendly dog food manufacturer in Cornwall! ♺
★ ★ EXCITING NEWS ★ ★
Michie's of Cornwall are delighted to announce that we have been awarded
The Green Award 2020 by the Pet industry Federation.
We achieved this award due to our strong determination to improve our carbon footprint in the dog food manufacturing sector, using only sustainable eco friendly products, a strict zero to landfill policy and energy efficient freezers.
A special BIG thank you to: Biopak uk, Puffin Packaging and The Print library that supply our Biodegradable, Compostable and Recyclable packaging, this would not have been possible without them.
Michie's of Cornwall Dog Food that doesn't cost the earth
"Michie's of Cornwall are preventing the creation of harmful emissions, reducing waste-to-landfill, and removing the need for conventional plastics within the Pet Food industry"
Dog food that doesn't cost the Earth!
With the pet food industry
valued at 2.7 billion and set
to continue its growing trend,
it's no wonder that Michie's
of Cornwall, a high quality,
artisan dog food brand, are
keeping dog-lovers coming
back for more. Founders of the
family run Cornwall business,
James and Adrienne started
their vision just over 3 years
ago with a manufacturing site
Since then, Michie's of Cornwall have
created a brand built on nutritional
insights through their Dog Food
Nutritionist and quality assured
ingredients following the FEDIAF
The beauty of overseeing the complete
production cycle is the quality control,
however it also highlights the challenges
around waste. With increased growth,
James and his team became inherently
aware of the growing amount of plastic
involved in manufacturing artisan dog
meats and treats.
Staying true to their values,
Michie's of Cornwall
started looking for single use alternatives and were
introduced to BioPak.
Through the use of BioPak packaging
James and his team were able to find
a solution to their increased packaging
needs through home compostable,
industrially compostable and recyclable
solutions. Michie's of Cornwall serve
up their nutritionally tailored meats in
the BioPak home compostable 600ml
BioCane Containers, and their Doggy
Ice Creams in the BioPak industrially
Not only did Michie's find a sustainable
packaging solution, through the use of
BioCane products they also managed
to eliminate the plastic chipping that
happens when oil-based plastics are
frozen. BioCane is ideal for freezing as
it does not compromise the material.
Using the BioPak BioCane range has
provided the opportunity to serve
their 500g and 300g portions as well
as their Artisan Doggy Ice creams in
sustainable packaging solutions that
align with the circular economy.
As Michie's of Cornwall
discovered, switching to
sustainable packaging is a
simple swap that can have a
Here's what happened when Michie's
of Cornwall chose BioPak products:
- By choosing the Biocane range,
Michie's of Cornwall were able to
reduce their CO2 emissions by up
to 75% in comparison to fossil-oil
based plastic packaging solutions.
- By using BioPak compostable
packaging, Michie's of Cornwall
have been able to divert over 4
tonnes from landfill.
By simply switching to BioPak,
Michie's of Cornwall are preventing
the creation of harmful emissions,
reducing waste-to-landfill, and
removing the need for conventional
plastics within the Pet Food industry.
Why choose Michie's Raw Dog Food?
So, you've made the decision to raw feed your dog. Brilliant! Now you need to decide how to go about it. Raw feeding can be confusing, time consuming and messy. But, with our help, it doesn't need to be.
Or, maybe you're an old pro at this raw feeding game, but you're looking for something new to try. Either way, there are many reasons why you should choose our raw dog food:
- All of our recipes are complete meals, developed by an Animal Nutritionist with over 25 years' experience, to ensure they have the correct proportion of protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals that your dog needs to thrive. As they are complete meals, no supplements are needed and you have peace of mind, knowing that you are feeding your dog a nutritionally balanced, healthy, raw diet.
- We use only locally sourced, human grade meat (literally the same meat that we have for our own Sunday roasts), fresh fruit and vegetables with added beneficial vitamins and minerals.
- We never add any water, bulking agents, colourings, preservatives, flavourings, grain, rice or cereals
- We are proud to be the most environmentally friendly dog food manufacturers in Cornwall. Our meals come in convenient 300g and 500g portions, served in biodegradable, compostable or recyclable containers.
- We have ranges suitable for puppies, adult dogs and also pregnant and lactating bitches.
- If you order online, the meals are delivered to your door frozen. All you need to do is simply thaw and serve. No mess, no fuss!
- We also make a range of healthy, natural treats for your dog to enjoy.
- Finally, as a family of dog lovers, we have your dog's best interests at heart. We are happy to help you and your dog make the transition to our raw dog food in any way we can. Feel free to pop into our shop, call or email us with any questions you may have.